Congratulations, you have a video! That’s great because companies that use video grow their revenue 49% faster than companies that don’t. Producing a video is only step one. Even in the film industry distribution is the real challenge, not production. The internet is filled with content. Your video could unintentionally be the needle in a haystack. Leverage your content and get it seen. Here are a few techniques to increase the visibility of your video content.
Once your video is complete and ready for primetime:
- Send an email announcement to let your internal team & customers know you have a new service offering/product/testimonial/brand video
- Add video content to the website to announce itself on the homepage because 72% of consumers prefer video to text
- When adding to your site place the video in a prominent spot on the page – preferably above the fold
- Add a link to your email signature to drive other clients to the video content
- Feature on all your social channels to keep customers informed and promote the offering/product/testimonial/brand video to potential customers (ie LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Start a video brand channel on Vimeo or YouTube and encourage members to subscribe and follow
- Write a blog post about the new video. This could be a making of, behind the scenes or more of an explanation of what the video is about
- Encourage employees and partners to share and comment on video through their own professional social channels
- And lastly, word of mouth! Talk about your video around the office and with prospects and clients. You’ve spent a lot of time and effort making the video happen, and sharing your enthusiasm will promote the video more than you’d think.