Creating a good video Brand Channel is one of the most effective ways you can use video to connect with your potential customers. About 90% of all online users expect to find a video of your products and/or services when searching for you online and this April, 83.5 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video. Whether you use your own website, a youtube page, or a number of other different available channels video is the most effective means of communications. Studies show that people remember merely 20% of what they hear, and only 30% of what they see, and an incredible 70% what they hear and see.
A Brand Channel serves as a platform that empowers you to engage a community with you and with each other. It is a controlled environment where you control the brand and all messaging. This hub is a place for you to drive leads/customers/members to participate in so they can willingly engross themselves in your brand. Many times the channel is used for customers/leads to meet each other, share content, information and recommendations all within your branded environment. While creating a Brand Channel is an art, I have listed 5 general tips on how to create a good Video Brand Channel
1) Message – Creating your message should be the first thing you do before creating a video or the video channel because everything you do after should be focused on relaying that message.
2) Quality Content – The key to creating a good channel is having quality content. No matter how cool your site looks, if the videos you are using are poor quality, then they will reflect poorly on your company and have the opposite effect you are working towards.
3) Brand Consistency – The branding on the channel itself needs to be consistent with themes in your company and on the viewing platform whether it’s a DVD, webinar, website, etc. This should go beyond matching color into the look and feel of the channel to match the tone set in the video.
4) Fresh Content – Some videos are priceless and you watch them over and over again, but let’s face it, you are not making Gladiator. Fresh content is what will keep people coming back to the site. Having a multitude of new videos to watch keeps people interested.
5) WIIFM – If I am going to sit and watch your brand, it must be painfully obvious what’s in it for me and the call to action should be easy to respond to.
In the end a good Video Brand Channel is a very effective way for you to with connect potential customers. Launching a brand channel can be very simple. If you have questions about launching your own video brand channel, shoot me an email with your thoughts.